Cosmetic Surgery for Women in NYC
A Mommy makeover is a surgical procedure that can include many plastic surgeries. Dr. Ascherman can evaluate each patient and offer suggestions for treatments to help a woman get the results she is looking for. Carrying a baby causes the abdominal wall to stretch and lose its shape. Being pregnant and/or breastfeeding can cause the shape and size of the breasts to change too. Even after a woman is done having children, her body will often look different. A mommy makeover helps remedy this.
What are some procedures that can be done in a mommy makeover?
Some procedures that a mommy makeover from Dr. Ascherman can include are:
- Breast Reduction: This is one of the more common surgery options. This procedure involves incisions around the areolae and on the underside of the breast, and removes excess breast tissue and reshapes the breast.
- Breast Lift: This procedure doesn’t change the size, just the position, of the breasts so that they sit higher and look more youthful.
- Breast Implants: After excess hormones and milk production disappear, the breasts can look deflated. A breast augmentation surgery can help by placing implants deep to the breasts to give a fuller look.
- Liposuction: This helps to give some extra contouring around the abdomen and hips. It gets rid of fat by sucking it out through a small tube that is inserted into the incision.
- Tummy Tuck: This surgical procedure is done by Dr. Ascherman in order to repair and reduce in size the abdominal wall that may have been changed by pregnancies. The abdominal muscles can be tightened and abdominal fat removed. Extra skin is also trimmed and removed.
- Body Lift: This helps the body to have better definition and focuses on the torso and upper legs.
- Arm Lift: This removes excess fat and soft tissue from the undersides of the arms. An incision is made on the back or inner aspect of the upper arms. The remaining upper arm skin is tightened by Dr. Ascherman to look more toned.
Ultimately, Dr. Ascherman specializes in all types of plastic surgery associated with a Mommy Makeover. He helps mothers in New York as well as New Jersey, Connecticut and elsewhere. To learn more about a mommy makeover, and to have your questions answered about the procedures, contact his New York plastic surgery office today to schedule an informative consultation.