About Our Top Plastic Surgery Center
Jeffrey A. Ascherman, MD is the Site Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Ascherman received his BA from Harvard University and his MD from Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons. There, he was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He later completed both his general and plastic surgery training at the Columbia University Medical Center, and a craniofacial fellowship in Paris. Dr. Ascherman is fluent in both English and French.
Dr. Ascherman is a Professor of Surgery at the Columbia University Medical Center in the Division of Plastic Surgery. He is affiliated with New York-Presbyterian/Columbia Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital, and New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, and is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Ascherman is a specialist in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, including Breast Reconstruction, Cosmetic Surgery, and Craniofacial Surgery. He has published over 90 different scientific articles and chapters and has presented his work at national and international conferences.
Dr. Ascherman is a member of numerous plastic surgery societies, including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Association of Plastic Surgeons, and the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons where he recently served as President. He has been an active participant in humanitarian surgical missions, and has traveled numerous times to China and South America in order to perform volunteer surgeries.
About Our Cosmetic Surgery Center in NYC
- Rated One of New York Magazine’s Best Doctors (2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017).
- Teacher of the Year Award, Division of Plastic Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, 2009, 2012.
- “President’s Award” for the top presentation at the 2012 annual meeting of the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Included in Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors, 2011-2018.
- Included in Castle Connolly’s How to Find the Best Doctors: New York Metro Area, 1997-2017.
- Received “Gold Doc” Award from the Arnold P. Gold Foundation “for demonstrating compassion, empathy and respect in the practice of medicine.”
- Appointed to the inaugural class of the Academy of Clinical Excellence. Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. 2016.
Herbert Irving Pavilion
161 Fort Washington Avenue
New York, NY 10032
Columbia Doctors Midtown
51 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019